Saturday, December 13, 2008

Please Don't Assume

Honesty in bloggicizing: I sort of feel like God is about to knock the stuffins out of this planet, bringing Judgment with a capital "J"
This feels a bit like the ramp up to the second world war must have: everyone knew something momentous, world-shaking was on the horizon; the fore-shocks, tremblings were felt from sea to shining.
I’m not paranoid, or fearful. I’m eternally safe; I have nothing to fear. God will do what He will do, and the sooner I get to the Hallelujah chorus, the better.
But I am concerned, dreading what happens when God brings Judgment. This world has been stacking up it’s sins for a long time.
How am I so certain? I read the Bible, friends, and I believe it from Gen to Rev. God promises to bring Judgment, and I believe Him.
Whether it’s tomorrow, today or a hundred years from now is immaterial. God will do what He will do.
If it’s a hundred, two hundred years from now, fine. I will already be in Heaven by then, singing and Glorifying God.
If it’s tomorrow, or today...my friends and family who do not know Christ are in for it. I pray that God would have mercy on them, bringing them into our family before it’s too late.
Here is a hard saying: Anyone whom I love that is not granted that Mercy...I won’t see them in Heaven.
God decides who will receive Salvation. I can’t petition Him to allow in someone who isn’t on His list, whose name isn’t found in the Book of Life:

“11Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” Revelation 20:11-15

The first book mentioned holds the names and sins (deeds) of everyone whose sins were not washed away by the blood of Christ; they have to pay for their sins themselves, and that is horrible to consider. In the second book, the book of life, are found the names of all God’s people.
I hope to see you in Heaven.

“20He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.” Revelation 22:20-21

No comments: