Tuesday, June 30, 2020

The Ferocity Imperative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I've been there.
I was once attempting to "argue" facts with someone who wouldn't be moved off his
little sandhill of 'Opinion'.
Waste of time and emotion. But that's how we learn.
His EGO demanded that I be proven wrong, so he rejected every single statement I made, no matter how true or provable.
The more sense I made, the louder he would shout, discounting not only my intelligence but my bathing habits and character of my parents.
(Only slightly exaggerating.)
Here's the thing---if he were to admit that I was right about ANYTHING, that would be admitting that he was wrong about something, and his ego couldn't stand that.
So he kept pounding the Reject button. BAM! BAM BAM!
THIS is why the humble shall inherit the earth. God opposes the proud, but gives Grace to the humble.
Those Ego-tarians who would not, will not, ever (!) admit that they need a Savior...won't have one.

1 comment:

LGR said...

Hi Doug. Don't want to lose you, so just saying hi! LGR