Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Half-truths Full Priced


I keep putting off to yesterday the building of my Time Machine. But if I had one gassed up and ready, I would happily steer it to November 8, 2006. For someone such as myself who enjoys political back and forthing, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I don’t really care for election time politics. It’s too nasty, and I don’t like liars of any stripe. Compound lies justified because the other side is lying too are not right. I try to be honest every day of my life, and I’d appreciate the same from our political leaders. Instead politics has become synonymous with lying, and I hate that. We will all stand before God, having to answer for every stray word. Some will have a longer time of it than others.
With that said, I am honestly partisan. I am Republican only because their platform is closely in line with my beliefs. I have more in common with Republicans than Democrats, but I would support Libertarian candidates if they were also in agreement with what I believe. I think Libertarians may be more fiscally responsible than the Repubs have been lately. No political party is perfect, but some are more imperfect than others. Look at the picture. And then think about this:
It is Godly to be kind, merciful, forbearing, to forgive and be forgiven. To thank God for every day of our lives, no matter what each day may bring. Even if you are not a Christian, you recognize that those attributes are commendable. I do not see mercy, forgiveness, and kindness being displayed by any in the Democratic Party over the last 6 years. The seeds of discontent planted in the 2000 election are still bringing up bumper crops of lies and unrest. I am sick of hearing from the Democrats how terrible it is to live in America under the administration of George Bush. Life is good; I am Blessed no matter where I live, because I belong to God. America is doing just great, and would be much farther ahead without all of the carping and sniping from the Democrats.
Remember the old saying, “It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness”? Where are the Democrats candles?

No comments: