Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Driving With a Full Thank

Sure, sure-I've posted this picture before, but this is the internet-always someone seeing something for the first time.
Some pop sugar Star recently claimed that she 'Created mirror selfies' a decade ago. That's cute.
Here-I can sound brilliant after five seconds on a search engine:
"Why, I'm sure that Nicéphore Niépce, after he created the first camera probably made a few duck lips." 
This is the internet-you read a name like that, tied to the thought of this guy having created the camera, and 2.4 seconds later that knowledge is discarded by your brain as something of no value.
What DOES have value?
Thankfulness.
Thankfulness is a self priming engine of good. Being thankful engenders more thankfulness and peace.
Back to the picture of the long ago me.
My net monetary value back then was whatever I had in my pocket.
It wasn't my house, it wasn't even my camera...but notice that I was smiling.
I'm still smiling. Thankfully, I don't need to get haircuts as often as I did back then.
I will never be 'rich' by this world's standards, and it doesn't bother me a bit, as my treasure is in the next, where robber moths can't get at it. Or something like that.
You might find these words false to your ears, if you don't feel as if you have anything to be thankful for.
I understand that, and this world can shred you. I've been there.
But there is always some light in every dark life.
Don't give up the search for peace and things to be thankful for.
If nothing else occurs to you, be thankful that I didn't post this as a rapping video.
See? SEE? light.


1 comment:

Doug said...

There is danger, though.
Where I said that Thankfulness engenders more of the same?
Also true of unthankfulness. That can send you down the wrong rabbit hole. Where the light fails if you let it.
Don't go there.