Saturday, July 07, 2018

Tearing Up Chicken






Garlic chives. That's what started this dayventure.
I love soup. Soup is good and, if you do it right, financially sensible (cheap).
Stopped by the local Farmer's Market today and bought fresh Basil and garlic Chives from one of my besties. Beasties-whatever.
Right now I have a batch of two gallons of Chicken soup cooking on the stove.
I can take hours making soup, as it is therapeutic and fun. I especially like tearing up chicken for soup. Roasted chicken thighs, broasted chicken breast-it's all good.
Once soup is ready to portion up, it goes into the freezer and becomes the basis for many, many meals. I rotate Chicken, Split Pea soups and Chili.
This weekend my town celebrates "Heritage Days"-activities all weekend, the highlight being the Heritage Days Parade which took place this afternoon.
I need only walk two blocks over to watch the parade; I caught the beginning of it but needed to get back to my soup.
Hope that your weekend is just as fine as mine. Sunshine.



1 comment:

Doug said...

It certainly is hot-I don't often switch bedrooms, but the one on the east side is a littler cooler these nights. I have an air conditioner, but I'm too financially sensible to turn it on before August Roasting days.