Saturday, May 25, 2019

Nana's Daughter

Oh what fun! Memr'ies! Thank you, parcel shipping company!
Watching television tonight: a shipping company commercial promoting their new Robotic Delivery of Parcels service with a song: "He Needs Me" by Harry Nilsson.
Sung by Olive Oyl (Shelley Duvall) regarding Popeye (Robin Williams) in the best movie musical based on a comic strip that Bob Altman ever did.
Don't know if this will work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ji0RvwjntA
I mentioned 'Memr'ies' above~~
1961/62. One of my earliest memories is of my parents convincing me to eat my spinach because Popeye loved the stuff.
"Well, if HE likes it, I'll eat it."
Fast forward 18 years~I'm a sailor...in port in Chicago when the "Popeye" movie
premieres.
I loved it then, and though I haven't seen it for a few years, I love it now.
BTY~the cute little bundle of joy in Olive's arms in the picture above is Robert Altman's grandson; 'Swee'pea' turned 40 this year.  Probably loves Spinach.


No comments: