Thursday, October 12, 2006

Random Thursday Thoughts


This is sort of a Random Thoughts Thursday, sort of a catch up and note, kind of a catch all. First, it feels good to once more feel good. Posting has been a bit lighter than usual as I’d been fighting a virus for about a month. I finally went in and saw a doctor, and now with a few prescriptions in me, I am returning to what is normal. Normal for me. Don’t expect miracles.

Life in general has been such that I have more reasons daily to rely on God, seek His will and wisdom. It does my heart good to remember that His lovingkindness indeed never cease, and His compassions never fail. That these promises are recorded in a book named Lamentations shows that God, our Creator, knows the weaknesses of our human frame, and is ever ready to show us mercy and grace. And boy, sometimes I need both!

There’s someone posting over at Michael’s who claims to be a post-Christian. Meaning he was a Christian, but has gotten over it, like I’ve gotten over my virus. He’s not the first to show up over there with that claim. God may yet tap him on the shoulder and remind him that He is real. In his arguments against Christianity I wonder if he’s trying to convince us that we are wrong, or convince himself that he is right.


So far we have successfully kept this blog free from the political electioneering going on. I appreciate the restraint; if we do dip our collective toe in that …water…, may we recover quickly and get back to normal. Normal for us. I honestly haven’t had the strength to get political, have been conserving my energy to go to work and take care of the family needs. I care about the election, and of course want my side to do well, but in the end, it’s all in God’s hands, and I know that everything will work out the way He has determined it will.

Random thoughts lead to a random song, one that I heard years ago and love to sing:

“May the Joy of the Lord
Grant you Peace
And may that Peace be
Made known to the world.

As He hold’s you safe
In the palm of His hand
Keeping you safe from the world.

Like a father He will guide you
And like a mother He
Will comfort you.

May the Joy of the Lord
Grant you Peace
And may that Peace be
Made known to the world.”

No comments: