Monday, January 24, 2011

No Joke

I'm on my third re-write. God defines who is "Evil" all through His book.
Yes, we are all sinners, but there are good people who do bad things sometimes, and evil people who bad things all of the time. Call them the militantly evil, the ones who prey on the unfortunate, who destroy innocent lives.
Whoever set off that suicide bomb in the Russian airport this week qualifies as militantly evil. Murdering innocent people is as wrong in Russia as it is in Arizona.
Where is God? He is in His Heaven, watching and working-nothing happens which is beyond His control.
Which means that there is a purpose even in such attacks as we have witnessed in this young year. If nothing else, when we hear of tragedies such as these, it should drive us to our knees asking God to protect us.
That Glorifies God even in the midst of human holocaust. He is not a monster for allowing it to happen. We are the monsters. He is God, and He has made a better future for us, where there will be no tears, no heartache, no suicide bombers or abortion doctors. I'm looking for that future while imperfectly trying to live a life pleasing to God in the here and now.
"21    This I recall to my mind,     Therefore I have hope.
22    The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,     For His compassions never fail.
23    They are new every morning;     Great is Your faithfulness.
24    “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,     “Therefore I have hope in Him.”
25    The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,     To the person who seeks Him.
26    It is good that he waits silently     For the salvation of the LORD." Lamentations 3:21-26

1 comment:

Doug said...

May God richly Bless you today, friend.