Saturday, February 07, 2015

Obama Finally Right About Somethings

"Christian conservatives furious after Obama says all religions have historically committed violence"

Screamed the headline. 

Not this  Christian conservative. I shrugged my shoulders and moved on to pictures of cute animals. 

But as the 'ginning up of the bases' begins ahead of the next election cycle, some Republican 'hopefuls' to replace President Obama are acting all self righteous and 'how dare he' about what he stated. Free speech, Rinos. He can say whatever he wants, and often does.

So, what President Obama said was true. If you're waiting for the "but..." I have a big one.

BUT... The word he used was 'religions'.

Religions. I've yammered on and on often enough for most readers (both of them) to understand my point. 

Christianity is not a religion. Religion is Man reaching up to discover/remake God and Heaven as Man determines them to be. See examples ranging from secular humanist to hard core Muslim, with Catholicism right in the middle. Christianity is God reaching down and revealing Himself through His WORD, Jesus Christ. 

President Obama stated: "
“And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ,".

Right again. In the name of Christ, not at the bidding of Christ.   

Jesus, the same Jesus who said, "Love your neighbor as yourself" also said, "Bless those who persecute you-bless and do not curse."  A lot of such good blessing was being done in the torture chambers of the Inquisition, but it was coming from the Christians being tortured by the Catholics. Read "Foxes Book of Martyrs" sometime.

So, the perps of the Inquisition and the Crusades? Catholics. Happens to be the religion of some of the self righteous Rinos now blasting President Obama for conflating their church's history with Islamic terrorism. They are trying to incite my religious indignation to defend their religion. Nopers.

So, has MY group ever done anything wrong? Individuals have, certainly. We are humans in every respect, and we often fail to do the right thing, whatever that happens to be. 

But as a group? Nothing rising to the level of genocide and religious bigotry and hatred advanced by Religions. 

Bottom line: If Salvation were available through Religion, then there would have been no need for Christ to come and redeem this fallen Creation. Any Buddah would do. 

But Jesus Christ, always and forever, is God on His terms, not on those imposed by religions.

Okay, I think it is funny for President Obama to accuse others of getting on a high horse, of not being humble. But the rest is true, too.


 

 

1 comment:

Doug said...

I guess President Obama's remarks were made at a prayer breakfast.
So,do the complainers think that it was too Holy an occasion for him to have said what he did?
Nothing Holy about a prayer breakfast full of religionists,friends.
forgive me if I am re-sharing an episode (I'm a middle aged guy-this happens a lot), but once in Vegas I went to a religious meeting hosted by a friend-one Unitarian, some secular humanists, and a few others assorted religions represented. I was the token Christian.
It was all about being tolerant and respectful of each others beliefs, and some wonderful expressions of Faith were presented...until I opened my mouth.
"Can we agree that Jesus Christ is God?".
Luckily there were no tar and feathers handy, and I survived unscathed. I DID unify the Unitarian with the rest of the faithful, including my friend Carl who never held another religious summit. They all said I was wrong.