Friday, July 17, 2009

Coming Back, Not There Yet

Here's a (hopefully) short post as to. Faith, not feelings, friends. Notice the comma-it doesn't say 'Faith not, feelings' . That is the way to destruction. Faith is concrete, feelings quicksand.
My faith in God began those 30 years ago that I've often mentioned . Since that day, I have not had a moment of a millisecond of doubt that God exists.
That He could love me, yes. That He could have an interest in what happens in my life-honestly, yes.
The more that I've learned about God, the more I realize His love and benevolence are real, and those few doubts were washed away a long time ago.
Do you realize just how opposed most of the world is to God? I mean the true God, the One Who saved me.
Most of my life is spent feeling (note the word) like a Tottenham fan cheering against Manchester United while sitting on the Man U. side of the stadium.
Or like a Christian in a world of pagans.
I'm not alone, or exceptional in this. To varying degrees, all Christians know what it is to be 'in the world but not of it'.
Peter wrote: "7and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men 8(for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds)," 2 Peter 2:7,8
I know that God has everything well under control, even those who doubt His existence, as the next part of the verse reads: "9then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, 10and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority." 2 Peter 2:9,10
So when I see corrupt Man striding around as if he were something, I know the end result, which makes all the more clear God's command to the Christian in Romans 12: "14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse." Brother, they need blessing!

No comments: