Monday, September 06, 2010

To Pastures New

"To Pastures New" by Sir James Guthrie, 1883. Scottish Realism? It's lovely. The herded geese seem to be waddling right off the picture, looking to those new pastures.
I love this picture; my Dad found a print somewhere-he loved it too.
I'm looking for pastures new myself. God herds me along, sometimes with a switch, as the little girl is carrying.
Sometimes the stick, sometimes the carrot. I nearly called this post "Trust and Obey" after the old hymm, as that is what we are called to do: trust and obey God.
I get it wrong, just as King David did, and Moses and Abraham before him. Just like Peter, I tend to mess up in the trusting and obeying departments.
But God is GOOD, and, as it says in one of my favorite texts: "His compassions are new every morning."
So, before I even wake up in the morning, God is ready with compassion for this waddling goose.
By the bye, I'm opening comments again, at least for now. Ignore spam, but yump in if you like.

1 comment:

Doug said...

I don't know "Art" from Art Linkletter, but I know what I like.