Friday, September 12, 2014

As I Haven't Been In Enough Trouble Lately...

synonym:

This is what we used to call going off on a tangent.
As Bill wrote: "that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet".
And here I sit trying to come up with a more palatable word to describe some persons
with whom I've been interacting.
I don't want to be unkind, but it is healthier to express frustration with wordages rather than sharp objects (such as my tongue when I get too riled up).
It's the ages old story: emotions color our lack of judgements, opinions and our assumptions and make things very much worse than they need be.
I will use the word found often in the book of Proverbs. Fool.
There! "FOOL" is my placeholder word, my 'safe synonym' so that I need not be unkind when mentioning the fools who allow their emotions to make fools of their fool selves. (This is easier than I thought!)
Recently some very foolish fools have invested muchly in invective, a fortune in misguided emotion being spent on two cents worth of situation.
I don't know why I didn't listen to my own preaching-I tried to REASON with a person who was EMOTIONAL. He wouldn't be swayed by my reasoning any more than I could be convinced by his emotional arguments/judgements/assumptions/foolishness.
I know better... but I don't always do better, which is a synonym for human.
Ah well. some people get upset over what has happened, as if by being upset they can somehow change the past.
The past is Iron, the present is Water, the future is Tomorrow.


 

1 comment:

Doug said...

I know, I know:
"The past is Iron",which means it is unchangeable.
"the present is Water" meaning we sink,swim or tread water.
"the future is Tomorrow" which we will only see when it becomes the present-it is unknowable.