Thursday, December 22, 2005

Blessed or Cursed

The bible is an awesome collection of books and writings, telling the story of God's plan of salvation from beginning to end. It can't be beat for drama, beauty, advice or influence. It is timeless and holy; God speaking to us. But once in a while I run across some words put together so beautifully they become like scripture in a sense to me. They are holy words that speak to me. And I have always felt that way about this song, written by Phill McHugh (I wish I had some way to link to a website, but I could not find one). My sister sent it to me right after I was saved and I've loved it since then.

CANVAS FOR THE SUN

I've never seen dry ground refuse to drink on rainy days,
Refuse to take what's offered when it rains.
I've never seen good seed refuse to grow in fertile earth,
Refuse the law that death will bring rebirth.
But people aren't the same. I have seen and played the games.
In life it's win or lose, blessed or cursed with power to choose.

I've never seen the clouds refuse to compliment the sky,
Refuse to be a canvas for the sun.
I've never seen the stars refuse to shine on cloudless nights,
Refuse to catch and hold and please my eyes.
But I have seen a man refuse the good and love the bad.
I have seen a man refuse the gifts he could have had.

I've opened up my heart as a manger for God's son.
Knowing me, He knows the things I've done.
I've given Him the chance to prove the things He said were true.
I've given Him the chance He'll take from you.
Things can easily change. You can live or play the games.
In life it's win or lose, blessed or cursed with power to choose.
Blessed or cursed with power to choose.

Merry Christmas

le
Edited/corrected 12-24-05

No comments: