Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007 Schemes and Imaginings

I cleaned my desk this weekend. It was quite the monumental chore since I haven’t cleaned it since 2005. Can anyone relate? Anyway, I wanted to start the New Year with a new, clean workspace so I can be more organized in 2007. I can’t seem to reduce my obligations, but perhaps I can make myself more efficient and get more accomplished than I did in 2006, right?

I immediately got sick on 01 January 2007. “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft a-gley?” Or as the bible says in Ecclesiates, “What does a man get for all the toil and anxious striving with which he labors under the sun?”

God is in charge. I can take a step forward and He can knock me back on my butt. Praise be to God that He knows what is right for me! Someday I’ll have all the answers to the whys in my life, but today I am just content in believing that His bigger plan has put the brakes on my bigger plan. If nothing else, I have to marvel at the self-healing power of the human body and God’s wonderful plan in revealing Himself through that healing process. God is so smart!

Not quite in context, but a lovely verse in parting: “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.” 1 Peter 5.10

May 2007 be restorative for you, friends. Happy New Year!

le

No comments: