Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Lately and Early

I’ve been thinking lately and early about God and man. In my church we have been going through a very good Bible study: “Trusting God-Even When Life Hurts” written by Jerry Bridges. I would encourage anyone with questions about God’s Will and purpose for us all to check it out.
Bridges shows the strong Scriptural basis for trusting God, His Sovereignty, Wisdom and Benevolence.
I have faith that God loves me and will continue to lead me. I’ve been assured of that for nearly 30 years.
I look out at a world which doesn’t even trust that God exists, and I see the turmoil which comes from fear. Without God man has absolutely no purpose. To exist isn’t a purpose. Rocks and trees exist, stars and galaxies exist. But the purpose we all serve comes from the Creator Who designed us for His good pleasure. We exist to give glory to God, because God wants us to exist.

“15And He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.” Colossians 1:15-16

So, as we were created for Him, it is the most natural thing in the world to trust Him, to accept that He is in charge of all Creation. You may think of a thousand reasons to reject God, deny His existence, pretend that He doesn’t love you. But He does. And He proved it a long time ago on Calvary. And He continues to prove His love for you today, in a million and one ways. One of the most basic are us Christians who keep sharing the Gospel. I personally would love it if God would pop us right up into Heaven as soon as we accept Christ. Just: “AMEN *POP* I’M HOME!”
But instead God sees fit to keep us here, getting the Word out, telling a troubled, frightened world that God cares.

“For you were taken from the mud
Reached with words you knew were spoken
In a special Christlike love-
You may have been unlovable to anyone but God
But His love sent someone searching through the world,
And you were found.”

No comments: