Wednesday, March 05, 2008

One Faced Christians In A Two Faced World

I don’t plan to ‘go political’ here very often, but I will be hitting the high points every once in a while on the ongoing goings-on. This past 24 hours have seen Huckabee drop out, Clinton rise again, Obama stumble. I can’t help but laugh, as I see God’s hand in all of this, and no matter how earnestly candidates fuss and fumble, shout and screech, denounce and announce…God is in charge, and will appoint whomever He wishes to carry out His purposes.
“ 1 The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD;
He turns it wherever He wishes.
2 Every man’s way is right in his own eyes,
But the LORD weighs the hearts.
3 To do righteousness and justice
Is desired by the LORD more than sacrifice.
4 Haughty eyes and a proud heart,
The lamp of the wicked, is sin.”
Proverbs 21:1-4
What is the guiding light of the wicked? Haughty eyes and a proud heart. Remind you of anyone you know running for President? They see “their vision for America” as the proper one to lead the country.
God weighs the hearts. And He accomplishes everything perfectly, whatever He Wills.
It may be that He will have HClinton or Obama lead the country into darker days, just as He raised up ‘bad kings’ in ancient Israel to chastise the people, lead them back to repentance, back to Himself.
Count it all Joy, loved ones of God. We live for Him, and in a deceitful dark world, we must remain true, honest, do righteousness and justice right where we live.
It is better to be chastised by God than lauded by the world.
I once was tempted, and I’ll mention it here as an example. I coveted a music CD which had I borrowed from the public library. I could have copied it to my computer and no one would have known. But God knew, and I knew that it was wrong. If I had copied (stolen) that music, and, upon returning to the library I were asked, “Did you make a copy of this CD?” I would have to either ‘fess up, or lie.
I avoided both possibilities by remaining honest.
Now…God does as He Wills, and although it was only a small thing, He decided to Bless me. Some time later I found that very CD, “Horowitz In Moscow” at the Goodwill Store for a dollar. If you think that that is co-incidence, I don’t believe in co-incidence; I believe in God.
Remain one faced in a two faced world.

No comments: