Thursday, April 24, 2008

Who Makes Your Brown Eyes Blue?


The picture isn’t meant to portray Hillary Clinton as a terrorist-even though I borrowed the rifle from one of Al Zawahiri’s screenshots. He poses the artillery to show that he is at war, playing tough.
Hillary Clinton is at war, is playing tough, is ‘in it to win it’…even though, much like the Detroit Tigers, she has already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. In order for her to succeed, the rest of the division (Obama) would have to bow out. Tain’t likely.
Remember that she’s a lawyer, not a mathematician.
Does anyone know what we call someone who is completely out of touch with Reality? That’s right.
Here’s the problem of the world: God is ignored.
Lives are lived in this cosmos, this world order- tyrants tyrannize, leaders pompositate, the young grow up into cynical Godless wastrels, led into darkness by the generations before them.
The peoples of the world do not want to honor God, revere God-often they only revere themselves, but enough about Al Gore.
In our country, the efforts to obliterate the very mention of God, let alone reverence for God, are the machinations of those parts of our society who have built their entire lives around the idea that God doesn’t exist.
A friend recently asked me why Christians seem to lean towards the right end of the political spectrum.
I said, “Well, Obama’s a Christian.” which made him smile-then I explained that my political beliefs are informed by my theology. I used the example of Abortion. Even though it is legal in this country, I consider it immoral, see it as murder. So I am more in line politically with those who avow the same belief. If I stood up in a Democratic Party caucus and said, “Mr. Chairman, I believe that we should add a plank to our platform declaring that Abortion is murdering innocents, and we should do all that we can to have Abortion abolished!”…I would be shown the door. Tarred and feathered. Spat upon. But they would still ask for a donation.
In my opinion, not one of the three candidates for President still standing is worthy of the Office. Maybe “The Office” on NBC, but not the Oval Office. I’d love to be able to start from scratch, and I don’t think I’m alone in that.
No matter who gets the gig, my life (and I hope yours) remains the same:
“8 He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8

No comments: