Friday, January 23, 2009

She's No Lady

Last night I was reading
"A Woman Rides The Beast" which is subtitled:
"The Roman Catholic Church and the Last Days"
written with enthusiasm by Dave Hunt.
The title refers to chapter 17 of the book of Revelations:
"3And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. 4The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality, 5and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” Revelation 17:3-5
Yeahmaybe. I mention this book only because Hunt makes a good point-do you remember the passages describing Jesus being tempted by the devil?
" 8Again, the devil took* Him to a very high mountain and showed* Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; 9and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.” 10Then Jesus said* to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.’” 11Then the devil left* Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him." Matthew 4:8-11
When 'The' Antichrist appears, Satan will make him that same offer: the entire world can be his, if he will worship Satan. Jesus said no, the Antichrist will say yes.
Truth telling time. I wrote a story a few years ago, (which will never see the light of a computer monitor), in which a prospective Presidential candidate has an interview with the devil. The devil decides who gets to be President, and every American President throughout history has endured that same terrible interview, saying yes to the devil.
But there's always a price, and lets just leave it at that.
What are your aspirations? What is success for you? What defines being a winner?
When I was just a new baby Christian, I felt that I was swimming against the tide of the entire world. It was going one way, and I was now going in the opposite direction. And it was hard. I failed and felt like I was being swept back, carried away.
But now I am grounded, mature; my success is being at Peace with God, even if it puts me at odds with the entire world. I am a winner simply because God loves me, and has made me a winner.
‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.’ Amen.

No comments: