Friday, June 26, 2009

A Blessing To Body And Mind

I want to share a blessing, bring notice of a wonderful work benefiting the body of Christ, the Church, defined by Christ Himself as His sheep, those that know His voice.
'Freely ye have received, freely give'.
I've been on iTunes since before I had an iPod-iTunes continues to offer great content for free, aside from all of the great music/TV shows/movies/podcasts you can buy.
One of the finest additions to iTunes in the past year is Apple's collaboration with colleges, universities, museums worldwide to offer courses on a universe of subjects.
I've taken audio walks through Scotland, studied the Byzantine Empire, enjoyed a Christian music podcast, learned of other cultures, my own culture, and yours.
I've listened to lectures on ethics, sociology, art and drama, and now I am getting to the point of this post.
Reformed Theological Seminary has placed a number of solid courses on iTunes U.
For the past few weeks I've been working through a lecture series "Hebrews through Revelation" taught by Dr. Simon J. Kistemaker. That single course entails 46 lectures, each running nearly an hour.
Dr. Kistemaker is a solid theologian and teacher, and has opened up the Scriptures, making some of the puzzling sections understandable.
I appreciate Reformed Theological Seminary for making these courses available for free-it is a blessing to the Church, and to each and any of us who wish to learn more about God’s Word.
I’m putting a link on the page here to RTS to show my appreciation and to repay them in the small way that I can for the blessing I have received. I encourage you to take advantage of this wonderful gift of education. If you click on the title of this post you will click through to their website-the iTunes link is at the bottom of the page. Freely ye have received. May God richly Bless you today.

No comments: