Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Lamentations 3:21-26


21 This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. 22 The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I have hope in Him.” 25 The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him. 26 It is good that he waits silently For the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:21-26

I never get tired of reading these verses. I've posted this Scripture before, but have meditated on them for 30 years-they are full of promises for us all.
There have been times when I was in difficulties, of the types we all face, and I would get...loud. Then I would remember that I should be quiet, and wait for God to bring me through. Which He did, which He still does.
It always strikes me, that as Jeremiah is meditating on God's lovingkindness, he moved in the sixth line to exclaim to God, "Great is Your faithfulness.".
That is good. That is proper and right.
The LORD is good to the person who seeks Him. Amen.

No comments: