Thursday, April 10, 2014

Abide




The picture above used to be my life-I loved the bean! But recently I have cut way, way back on my coffee drinking, and it feels normal now to just have water.
I have learned to abide-a nice enough word, which to me means that I am comfortable in my own
skin, pleased with the blessings bestowed on me by God, happy with my life.
Abide. Restfull, as in not restless.
I know that many people remember that word from the Coen brothers movie, "The Big Lebowski" where we find that "The Dude Abides."
So do I, right where God has placed me. May God Bless you today.

1 comment:

Doug said...

I wish that everyone could have the peace that passes all understanding, which comes from God.
Even among my fellow believers there are some who seem to never know that Peace. Maybe it becomes easier with age-I have a lot more peace in my life now than when I was younger.
Bye the bye, this aren't bragging.
I'm not all "My Life is so Beautiful
that I feel like dancing every day!"
Nope-but Life is good, and God is better, and I appreciate the life I have. Peace, friends.