Saturday, May 23, 2015

There Is Still Good In This World

I know, I know-there are darker than dark clouds coming over most horizons these days.
But we still have Good.
Baseball is good; it is a game of hope, of small moments and sometimes larger triumphs...the world is better when we have Baseball playing.
Once upon a time I enjoyed a game at Coors Field, seen above. 18 years later, it is still
one of my favorite memories.
Memories. Memorials. Memorial Day.
Recently a friend brought to mind another good memory. My Dad and I had stopped at her house to see her new British Lab pup-and the puppy was so excited he nearly jumped through the car window into my Dad's lap.
Monday is Memorial Day and, as usual, I will be at the local assembly. My Dad was a Korea-era veteran who never left Fort Sill, Oklahoma. This Summer will be 5 years since he passed away, preceding my Mother by just a few months. 
So yeah-remember the Good of the past, and don't allow the world's recent tumults to overshadow the fact that there is also Good now.



1 comment:

Doug said...

may God richly Bless you today.