Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Dem-ver Convention-al Wisdom"

Barack H. Obama:
“These are the laws of my administration
No one's allowed to smoke
Or tell a dirty joke
And whistling is forbidden...

If chewing gum is chewed
The chewer is pursued.
And in the hoosegow hidden...
If any form of pleasure is exhibited
Report to me and it will be prohibited.
I'll put my foot down, so shall it be.
This is the land of the free.

The last man nearly ruined this place
He didn't know what to do with it
If you think this country's bad off now
Just wait 'til I get through with it

The country's taxes must be fixed
And I know what to do with it
If you think you're paying too much now
Just wait 'til I get through with it...


I will not stand for anything that's crooked or unfair
I'm strictly on the up and up
So everyone beware
If anyone's caught taking graft
And I don't get my share
We stand 'em up against the wall
And pop goes the weasel.”

From “Duck Soup”: "Just Wait 'Til I Get Through With It,"
Words and music by Burt Kalmar and Harry Ruby

No comments: