Sunday, September 29, 2013

Three Part Answer That Solves Everything



Been stated many times, but God through Solomon said it best:
" 5    Trust in the LORD with all your heart     And do not lean on your own understanding.
6    In all your ways acknowledge Him,     And He will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

There it is. I need reminding on this just about every day; when I get caught up in strifes, troubles and the muck of this world, it's because I have forgotten this answer and tried to bull through on my own understanding.
I'm a moderately bright guy, and it would be easy for me to fall back on assuming that I have all the answers-that feeds my ego. That builds me up, can set me up... for a fall, because then I'm not trusting God, I'm trusting my imperfect self.
As I noted a while back, God will humble ALL the proud, Christian and pagan alike. This includes me.
Pagans would do well to read and take in this passage of Scripture in Proverbs, because it could be the first step towards God that leads to Salvation. Come over to the Light side...we have cookies, too.

1 comment:

Doug said...

May God Bless you with the faith to Believe in Him and be saved. Nothing else matters more for you.