Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Synco-pathed


Culture clashes from Dallas to Paris, Copenhagen to Bethlehem; Race competing with rape with murder with corporate malfeasance with terror with sex crimes...for News Update minutes.
When I was a kid, I traveled through the world at a walking pace-things were slowly absorbed, understood; the world I moved through came to me, went past me as a speed which was comfortable. My personal rate of speed picked up as I grew, and was taking in more of the world. Soon I was running comfortably; if the details went by a bit fast, I could still comprehend a fair amount of what was happening.
Nowadays it feels as if the world which I used to comprehend at my walking pace is now lazering past as if we were pinned to the grill of a semi-truck hurtling off the top of the Sears tower. We become exhausted, trying to keep up, to comprehend all that is going on in the world, as it is important-civilizations are experiencing life and death events at a tempo usually reserved for drum solos. We may have radically different maps and globes a few years from now...or tomorrow. In a world that no longer makes sense, is the sensible one an outcast? A pariah?
If the inmates do run the asylum, on a global scale, who would oppose them? The one to whom the world, crazy as it is, still makes sense. Me. You. Us. HIM.

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.
Selah

4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.
Selah

8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.
Selah

No matter how the world may tip sideways on us, we know that our Creator, our Father in Heaven will bring us through every tribulation and trouble. As I’ve said before:
If I weren't a Christian, this World would scare the Hell out of me!

No comments: