Monday, June 11, 2007

BMEWSED to Laughter




Martina McBride sings about ‘Waking Up Laughing’ -which I have never done, though I have ‘awoken aprayin’ a few times. While I may not wake up laughing, my sense of the nonsense evident in the world keeps amusing me. I don’t know why God created me like this, but I Praise Him for doing it.
There are a few out there that wish He hadn’t built Doug 1.0 just as I am. That gets me laughing.
The recent contretemps with Rand had him declaring that I am too worldly. Just for fun, and in case you're wondering why I still have a link to Rand's site on our sidebar, click on it.
More recently, John D thinks I am too religious. How can you not laugh? Rather than listen to either of them, I remain as I am: a sinner saved by Grace, a Christian man loved by God, fellowshipping in a great church; a work in progress who will be fully sanctified only when I get to Heaven.
Until then, I remain vigilant, seeking to avoid both the Legalism trapping Rand and the worldliness of a lost soul like John D. My beliefs actually do not include a Christian being able to backslide out from under God’s Grace, so the worldliness isn’t as much a danger as the Legalism. That stuff is sanctioned by entire denominations, whose watchword is: “We are not Legalistic!”
But this isn’t just about the errors of a few world citizens who have issues with me-there’s a whole Kosmos of ridicu-licious stuff that makes me laugh.
Until my Pastor mentioned him in church yesterday, I had never heard of Ken Ham, who is a Creationist whose mission is de-bunking Evolution. He isn’t the one making me laugh-I’m on his side, and I wish him all the best.
Yesterday I see another notice of him on a non-Christian site, BMEWS. The ones who make me laugh are the ones who start squawking like Chicken Little because someone doesn’t prostrate himself at the feet of “S*C*I*E*N*C*E”. And the “S*C*I*E*N*C*E” they believe in is more close-minded than Christian Legalism. The one opposing him in the BMEWS article is De Eugenie Scott, head of a little bucket of love called the “National Center for Science Information”.
Sounds great, right? Who can argue against Science? We love science! Science is cool, landing little go-karts on Mars, deep sea diving to get a look at the underwater world-it’s all good.
Here’s a direct quote from their website:
“"NCSE is a nonprofit, tax-exempt membership organization working to defend the teaching of evolution against sectarian attack. We are a nationally-recognized clearinghouse for information and advice to keep evolution in the science classroom and "scientific creationism" out. While there are organizations that oppose "scientific creationism" as part of their general goals (such as good science education, or separation of church and state), NCSE is the only national organization that specializes in this issue. When teachers, parents, school boards, the press and others need information and help, they turn to NCSE.
"While most of NCSE's work involves defending evolution against attacks, we also work to increase public understanding of evolution and science "as a way of knowing."
So, they are basically the “ACLU”, the “Code Pink” of Evolution groupthink.
I was checking channels on TV this morning and right up from Fox News is “Current”-the Al Gore created TV network for those who question(?) everything. Who do I see?
Ken Ham being once more hammered by Dr. Scott. His organization is called Answers in Genesis, which, if you click the link at the top of this post, will appear before you like magic, but actually, it’s not magic-it’s computer/cyber hyperlink evolution. Wake up laughing, friends!

No comments: