Sunday, October 18, 2009

Slough-ly They Walked

God called one of His angels, Phil, to come before Him.
“Phil,” said the Lord, “I have a very special task for you. Take this list, go down to Earth, and follow My instructions.”
A list appeared in Phil’s hand, and he said, “I will do anything You ask, Lord!”
The Lord smiled. “Good luck, Phil.”
“Luck?” thought Phil as he headed down to earth. “Why would my Lord wish me luck? How hard could this task be?”

It was dark on the side of the planet where Phil arrived at the bedroom of John Hagee. The pastor was asleep in his bed; after filling the room with heavenly light, Phil shook Hagee awake and said, “Pastor Hagee, I bring you greetings from the throne room of God! He has sent me this night to bring you up to Heaven, to forever be with the Lord!”
Hagee stared at the angel.
“What is this?” he said. “How did you get in here? I’m calling Security, so you better get out of here right now!” Hagee hit the panic button next to his bed, and sirens sounded all through his ten million dollar mansion.
Phil looked again at his instructions, nodded, and disappeared.

It was still dark when Phil entered the boardroom of Rick Warren. Pastor Warren was going over plans for his African Mission Hospitals, and barely looked up when Phil approached his desk.
“Pastor Warren, I am an angel. I bring you greetings from the throne room of God! He has sent me this night to bring you up to Heaven, to forever be with the Lord!”
Rick Warren stared at Phil for a moment, then pounded the papers on his desk.
“Are you CRAZY? I don’t have time for that! I have to be about the Lord’s business in Africa! You tell Him I’m busy!”

The sun was just coming up when Phil knocked on the door of the Joyce Meyer Ministry in Tennessee. After requesting an audience with Mrs. Meyer, Phil, following his instructions, sat and waited the eight hours before moving on to the last name on his list.

“Doug,” said Phil, “I am an angel. I bring you greetings from the throne room of God! He has sent me to bring you up to Heaven, to forever be with the Lord!”
Doug didn’t even shut down his computer.
“Let’s roll!”

No comments: