Saturday, March 02, 2013

Laugh At Darkness


"1    How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,     Nor stand in the path of sinners,     Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2    But his delight is in the law of the LORD,     And in His law he meditates day and night." Psalm 1:1-2

I wish I could say that I am a 'super-Christian' who never sins and keeps as close to God as he can, but truth
be told, I'm just a guy. I don't always meditate on His law day and night. I'd be better off if I did, but I don't.
Let me tell you about another guy. He claims to be a life-long Christian, but when asked, he couldn't identify
whether 1 Corinthians was in the Old Or New Testament.
It's not about book learning-no one becomes a Christian simply because he's read the Bible.
There are many who come to Christ who cannot even read, but here's the thing:
True Christians will be drawn to God's Word, will take it in and be nourished by it.
False Christians such as the one I just mentioned...not a chance. The Bible is a closed book to them, and what they can't understand they ignore and do with out.
You might ask how is it that I even know of this guy?
I know because I look into darkness, I study the vain imaginings of the foolish, especially those arrogant souls who claim to be Christians while rejecting what God has said in His Word. They worship a weaker, impotent god who might be known by any of a thousand names. Their god is so benevolent that everybody
gets into Heaven and hell is only a fairy tale to scare the ignorant.
God is greater than anyone can imagine, and yet He is so caring that He does save some rather than scrapping the whole mess and starting over. One of my favorite verses from Job 34:14-15:
"14    “If He should determine to do so,     If He should gather to Himself His spirit and His breath,
15    All flesh would perish together,     And man would return to dust."
You can read this now because He hasn't done that. He has made a way for Salvation through Jesus Christ, and may it be that He will draw you to Himself.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Once again, I feel that I didn't quite cover the title of the post as well as I should.
I admit it-the vain imaginings of the foolish sometimes amuse me.
When I hear talk of akashic records, where all of the knowledge of Man can be accessed through holders of special powers/abilities...I laugh.
When allegedly intelligent adults speak of 'spirit guides' and 'workers of white light'...it is ridiculous. Sad, but still foolish.
A stereotype of Christians has us acting snooty, as if we are better than anyone else. The opposite is true: the most arrogant of blowhards are the scoffers who look down on Christians but are clueless. The smartest thing that they could do is open the Bible and ask God to make Himself real to them.
But that is humbling. They can't handle humble.

Doug said...

It occurred to me today that I AM a scoffer, but not of the things of God-I scoff at and hold in derision the things of Man-the foolish imaginings, the proud pomposity of Man who is only dust.
There! That's something to be written down in the so-called "akashic records"-man is but dust, and God is greater than you can imagine.