Monday, May 06, 2013

God Should Move Hypocrites To The Back Of The Line

You don't have to be a genius to appreciate most things in life, but believe me, it does help.
Just the other day I was sitting in my lazyboy, having just put down a book, and it struck me:
I am happy. I appreciate all that God has given me, including a nice house, two four legged roomies,
and all the rest. Happy. Go figure.
That's not to say that there aren't things in my life which make for unhappy-we are each a mixture, and the
bad can show up as often as the good. But, in essence, happy.
One unhappy maker: hypocrites. Was in the presence of such a piece of work the other day, and it does
tend to set the teeth on edge but you know what?
Hypocrites get what they deserve, for as we sow, so shall we reap. I'm not in daily contact with the hypocrite from the other day, and that makes me, you guessed it: Happy.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Of course, there are all kinds of hypocrites. The word basically means to be two faced, to put up a false front. The one I mentioned is a religious hypocrite, but I think the "H-word" can also be applied to political types who pillory the financial institutions for being greedy while they themselves try to get ahead, make money, acquire wealth and security, etc. If the bank-haters would take a vow of poverty and, y'know, actually get rid of all their money, then they wouldn't be hypocrites. They would probably starve to death, but what a noble statement that would make!