Friday, May 10, 2013

This Is The Day

"24    This is the day which the LORD has made;     Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
 Psalm 118:24

I can't tell you how much these seventeen words have meant to God's people. They have been sung, memorized, put on plaques and gravestones. Just the reminder that we walk around not in happenstance or accident, but in God's Creation is a sermon all in itself. That we are to rejoice and not mope our lives away is the fitting answer to the first part of the verse.
Be glad.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Those outside the camp might not get this, but it is possible to rejoice even on the worst days of our lives.
I know because I've done it.
I've lived through some very tough times, and all that they do is make me hunger all the more for Heaven.
I hope that you get that. I hope that God makes Himself real to you and gives you the faith to believe.

Doug said...

Also, from the lesser but knewer Finer (with an r) Dry Wit:
http://finerdrywit.blogspot.com/2013/05/warm-thoughts.html