Monday, May 13, 2013

Your Opinion Counts!

At least, you hope it does. Just was reading an article about a recently departed film maker, Mike Gray, who had written the screenplay for "The China Syndrome" amongst many other life trophys. His opinion about Nuclear power was powerful, in that that one movie chilled the construction of nuclear power plants in this country for decades.
Ol' buddy redneck Albert Gore's chicken little global warming act is his opinion magnificated and oratollated by a geek chorus of fellow travellers. Still just an opinion. It's made him richer, so I can't say that
no one has benefited from his fear mongering.
'Fear of clowns' carries more weight than fear of climate change.
Here's my point. Just because you assume that your opinion is valid, madmen and regular fools with that same confidence are 100% wrong.
I don't even trust that my opinions about things are 100% right, because I am 100% human which means there is room for error.
You knew this part was coming. God's opinion is the only one that matters. When Christ returns, all contrary opinions will matter as much as 1990's teacup fashions. At least, that's my opinion.

3 comments:

Doug said...

"1 Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the LORD and against His £Anointed, saying,
3 “Let us tear their fetters apart And cast away their cords from us!”
4 He who £sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them.
5 Then He will speak to them in His anger And terrify them in His fury, saying,
6 “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
Psalm 2:1-6

Lucia said...

Do you have any doubt that Christ will return? (I'm assuming the standard facts not in evidence.)

Doug said...

Hi Lu-no doubt at all. Also not a clue when it will happen.
You probably won't agree, but I think that the reason it hasn't happened yet is evidence of His Mercy-He hasn't yet closed the door on Salvation, so more are being saved every day.
When that door closes, so to speak...
bad times on planet Earth.