Wednesday, March 10, 2010

May God Be Merciful

Here's the deal. I have written to both my Senators and my Representative in the House, voicing my opposition to the alleged "Health Care Reform" con being perpetrated on the American people. As all three are ardent Democrats, in return I received nicely worded letters thanking me for my interest, but this is necessary for the American blah blah blah blah.
Knowing that people sometimes NEED trouble in their lives in order for them to give up on their selves (reference: see all of the Old and New testaments...and my life)...I can see God glorified in these troubled times as circumstance drives people to their knees seeking Him.
So how do I pray? I ask God to bless President Obama. Not his grandiose plans, but Obama himself. I don't curse the President-according to Scripture, Pride goes before a fall, and everyone who exalts himself God will humble. Obama is heaping curse upon himself, and I ask God to be Merciful, to forgive him, drawing Obama to Himself.

"1First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time."
1 Timothy 2:1-6


Even if the Democrats got their entire wish list, and we became serfs serving Government, God is still in His Heaven, in charge of everything. Christianity had it's start at a time when all of the known world was under Roman rule. People have endured, thrived under many Caesars, many il Duce, Hitlers, Stalins and tinpot dictators. Look up Psalm 37:35-40.
May God be Merciful and may God be Glorified.

No comments: