Wednesday, March 03, 2010

You Didn't Hear It From Me

Gossip: Vice enjoyed vicariously.
I heard that stated tonight, and it makes such sense. Who has been hurt by gossip? Stinks, doesn't it?
I didn't need Biblical prohibitions to keep from gossiping, but I'm glad that they are there:
Proverbs 20:19
"He who goes about as a slanderer reveals secrets, Therefore do not associate with a gossip."
Romans 1:29, 2 Cor. 12:20-look them up if you like.
Gossip-false gossip, but true gossip is just as vile-gossip once put a massive hurt on my life; I hated what I went through, but God used those bad times to cause me to seek Him and His Salvation. That was 30some years ago-I hate gossip to this day, and when I hear some, I shut my ears and it dies with me. Meaning that I refuse to be a carrier of the vicarious vice.
You might say, "But Doug! Didn't you gossip about Obama when...?"
No.
I do comment on cultural/political events, and on people. I will talk about President Obama's policies, but not his personal life. Go ahead and dig through my archives-I doubt you will find anything that you could call gossip. But if you do...keep it to yourself. Shhh!

No comments: