Saturday, March 29, 2014

This I Recall...



"This I recall to mind, therefore I have Hope."
I've quoted this verse so often that I won't finish it here again-if unfamiliar, just google it.
Hope is the big word in that sentence, the one which makes the sentence mean what it does to me.
I HAVE Hope. No matter what I face, or how dark these days might be...I have Hope and am journeying 'Over a pathway bright with happiness'.
It doesn't come from trusting in my own very weak 'strengths'. It isn't about how strong or smart or capable I am. I have abilities and strengths and all of that ready to be utilized.
I guess I should finish the verse above, as what I recall to mind is the reason I have Hope:
"It is of the Lord's Mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
 They are new every day;"
The last part of the verse is not about Hope, but a thank you right to God:
"Great is They faithfulness."



1 comment:

Doug said...

I don't have the card used in the post near at hand, but it is from 1908-1916, somewhere around there.
A great, great grand uncle whoosis sent it to a brother who is somehow related to me.
Even in that day, the first decade of cars and airplanes, immigrants and wars, people were people encouraging each other, blessing and wishing the best for those they knew.
May God richly Bless you today.