Sunday, March 02, 2014

Once More, With Feeling







"This is the day which the LORD has made;
  Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

We can all agree that this IS a day. Whether you agree or not, it is a day that the LORD has made.
A day of sadness. Funerals. Russia invading Ukraine. War on the horizon, chaos getting in our faces.
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Because sadness fades. The grave is not the end. Wars will cease, and what we perceive as chaos is in
fact God working in ways which we cannot comprehend.
I chose this picture of a young woman working on a bomber in 1942 because the image is striking.
She lived during wartime, and did what was necessary. We may see full blown war soon, and we will
do the same.
Here is something that non-Christians have a hard time 'getting': no matter the circumstance, Christians know God, receive His blessings AND His corrections while rejoicing in the day which He has made.
Some days are tougher than others. Some decades are tougher. But God is in charge, and all will be right in the world eventually, when this prayer, "Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven" is fully answered. Amen.

1 comment:

Doug said...

I will watch the Academy Awards tonight not because I care about any of the films, but because I am a student of humanity, and how the world in opposition to God deifies its gods.
I looked through a list of the nominated films, and found that I have seen a grand total of one (1)
film that has a nomination. Par for my course-I prefer older classic films to the current cluds.